Translate

Friday 26 August 2016

It's about time . . . .

It's been so long since my last blog I can hardly remember what's happened

Andy has spent much of the past 6 months in the UK working to bring in some much needed cash, he's home now, hopefully for good and ready to get on with farming.  I also spent six weeks with my mum, visiting friends and family, doing jigsaws and generally doing her head in! Ooops! I meant keeping her company! 

It's been a hot summer so far and I think we're finally getting used to it, we start very early and eat our main meal at lunchtime, afternoons are spent indoors and keeping out of the sun, a short siesta (half an hour is ideal, anymore and our bodies assume we're there for the night and it's really hard to wake up) and then we're ready for more work.  It feels like we get two days for the price of one :-)


I can't blog today without mentioning the devastating earthquake to hit central Italy earlier this week, it's been on my mind constantly.  I have totally fallen in love with this Country and the people in it. Italians are the kindest, most open and friendly people I have ever come across, nothing is too much trouble and they consistently offer help and friendship with no expectations of anything in return.  I realise this may not be the case in Milan or Rome but in the tiny mountain villages a genuine community spirit still thrives, I cannot imagine going to our small market town and finding nothing but rubble.  I can though imagine the desperate measures needed to get to some of the remote areas, we are not so remote but still need to park up and walk to the house as do many mountain villagers.

Sending Love & Light to all those affected





No comments:

Post a Comment