Translate

Tuesday 11 August 2015

A visit to the doctors, Italian style

Three things happened today that made me feel more 'Italian' than English, it started with a trip to the doctors.

It may be different in larger towns and cities but here in our tiny mountain village a trip to the doctors is a social event.  There are no appointments to be had, no receptionist to get past, providing the doctor has turned up and unlocked the door, you're in.  Everyone waits and chats, there is no queue or system, they all seem to know who is next and if someone 'jumps' the non-existent queue, no-one seems to care.  A lady next to us asked if we were the 'Inglese di Tineggiori', once confirmed she went on to talk about the heat, pigs, chickens and ask if we'd seen the fox yet? Thankfully we haven't.

While sitting waiting for my turn (it took two older ladies opposite to tell me when it was), I tried to work out why it felt so different, then I realised what was amusing me, instead of the copious posters and health related information that I was so used to being fed in the doctors waiting rooms of my past, mainly telling me what I was no longer allowed to eat/drink/consume/do, these two pictures were the only ones to decorate the walls . . . . . 






















The second thing happened when I came back to the car after a visit to the supermarket only to realise that, after many years of OCDish parking, this is how I had parked the car, a bit too straight and in the space for a true Italian but not bad for an old English bird! 





Finally I didn't scream or even leave the bathroom when I looked down and realised I was sharing my shower with a scorpion!

The weather seems to have finally broken and we're all a lot more comfortable. 

Best Wishes and Much Love to You from Tineggiori ♥

2 comments: