Translate

Wednesday 22 July 2015

So much has happened . . . .

Where to start?

It's been so long since my last post and my head is so full of news I can't wait to share.

We're in the middle of a heatwave here in the mountains, the temperature has fluctuated around the mid to late thirties for three weeks and doesn't seem to be going anywhere!  Phew! We're fast learning as hardy Yorkshire folk to get up early and work while the sun is still 'simmering on the back boiler', midday sees a hasty retreat into the casa and cold showers reduce the number of times I wish we could afford air-con.

Lewis, Amelia and Amy have been for a visit, a lot of time was spent by the river in an attempt to keep cool, I think they were all finally a little relieved to get back to the English summer. It was so good to see them, we cried a bit (or in Andy's case, a lot) when they left.




We hatched another batch of chicks at Tineggiori, our first of 7 bantams arrived on day 21, we called him/her monkey, the last came on day 24 and we managed to 'catch the hatch' on video, not a great example of videography but we were surprised by it's late arrival, I've called him/her Charlotte.



We were out and about this morning, transplanting chillies, digging over more planting space and clearing a small paddock ready for our new pigs.


Ruth was on breakfast duty and served us a fantastic plate of homemade bagels with scrambled eggs and prosciutto, they were so much better than the shop bought varieties and reminded me how self sufficiency may mean less money in the bank but is not a compromise on quality of food.  



More news to follow on chicks and pigs.

Much Love from Tineggiori xx






6 comments:

  1. Great to read the latest news Julie, do keep us updated as and when you can. A & J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andy, good to hear from you, I'm glad you're enjoying the blog, I'm hoping to make it a weekly thing, you'll be sick of hearing from us soon, lol xxx much love to all the family xxx

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see more pictures of your life ❤️ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lynne, I have a photo for you, I'll send it via FB xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. Appears to be hard work, but very fulfilling. I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete