Translate

Sunday 24 May 2015

A quick Sunday roundup

We've had a busy weekend here at Tineggiori, the weather has been a little bleak the last few days and we had a break in the weather today when the sun got out for a breather.  I spent a little time planting out some seeds, we have a lot of wild thyme and parsley here, which sounds wonderful but it spreads like you wouldn't believe!  Last year we planted seeds straight into the ground and found that a lot of them were over-run by the parsley before they could even break ground.

This year we decided to sow plants rather than seeds, it's an extra step but so far it's proved to be worth the extra work.



I use toilet roll holders as mini plant pots, providing they're stacked well in they hold up pretty well until they eventually go into the land with the seedling and compost down naturally.



I didn't grown any swede last year so I'm very excited to see if these grow ok in our Italian ground, I do hope so as I love these mashed up with sweet carrots and butter with my Sunday roast! 

Hope you had a great weekend and to my UK friends, enjoy your bank holiday!

Much Love from Tineggiori

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like all is going well. Good luck with the swede; as you say, great with a Sunday roast 😁 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your makeshift planters - how clever - will have to use myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your makeshift planters - how clever - will have to use myself!

    ReplyDelete